The Procurement Manager is responsible for all inventory purchasing in Massachusetts. They ensure that Diem stores are set up for success to operate efficiently and remain competitive in the marketplace. The position requires attention to detail, a well-organized, systematic approach to analyzing data, communications with 3rd party vendors, and timely execution of purchase orders. The Procurement Manager should be an expert in our inventory management systems, as well as specific trends in the market, to ensure that the right products are purchased and made available to our customers in a timely manner.
- Coordinate delivery logistics internally and externally to ensure timely intake of products, compliant record-keeping, and on-time settlement of invoices
- Manage weekly communications with key partners and provide them with performance feedback, data, and other company resources
- Analyze and compare vendor offerings to make educated selections on products; based on value, quality, and pricing, with emphasis on Diem’s Preferred Vendors
- Track and forecast spending activity to ensure all purchases are within budget and in accordance with accounting procedures
- Negotiate supply agreements and transaction details with Diem’s suppliers to stay competitive in the marketplace, and increase the store’s overall profitability
- Attend individual vendor meetings, events, and tours of production facilities to maintain strong relationships and understanding of products
- Maintain a regular cadence with the Marketing department on potential upcoming promotions, unique offerings, and additional vendor resources
- Analyze sell-through rates of products sold through Diem stores to determine proper reorder levels and ways to avoid stock-outs of key items
- Centralize all non-MJ procurement practices through 3rd party software for essential supplies, apparel, and accessory items; build and maintain reorder catalogs for each location
- Utilize 3rd party software tools to monitor market trends and performance data to inform purchasing strategies
- Perform QC on perishable products in the store as they age and regularly report metrics to the Vice President of Operations
- Maintain the Procurement Scorecard and work directly from the Procurement Checklists
Essential Skills and Strengths
Strong verbal communication skills, strong teamwork skills and positive relations skills to be successful. Self-motivated and has the ability to work independently and make decisions. Utilizes time effectively to complete unfinished tasks within the organization. Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented. Pleasant, professional, and personable. Excellent customer service skills.
Pay for this role is based on experience, this is a salaried position.Sorry, but we are no longer accepting applications for this posting. Contact us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org